One of the highlights of spring and summer for me is the onset of the avocado season. Avocado toast is an expensive eat-out but works out super cheap and easy to make at home. I like avocados for their taste, nutrients and super simple recipes. Here is the recipe I typically use.
Avocado toast with omlette
A fresh, light, avocado toast with omlette recipe; perfect for a quick, late summer dinner.
- 2 slices of bread. I used Lekkerbrot Loaf.
- 2 ripened avocados
- 2 free-range eggs
- 2 pinches of sea salt
- In a medium bowl, mash two avocados together.
- Optional: add chopped tomatoes, garlic, basil, mint, salt and black pepper.
- Mix everything together.
- Make two omlettes in any style you prefer. I like Bull’s-Eye egg aka. Sunny-Side Up.
- Toast two bread slices.
- Spread the avocado mash on the toasts.
- Sprinkle some sea salt for taste.
- Add one omlette on each on toast.
Leave a Reply